的 University is committed to extending our work in sustainability to the wider community.
A 沟通和社区参与策略 which helps us to raise awareness on 当前的 和 计划ned sustainability initiatives 和 encourage behavioural change among staff, 学生和所有大学利益相关者. 学生 are actively encouraged to support this work including part-time digital creative students. 的 University has an Annual Community Engagement 和 Communications Plan for 2020-21 – for further details please see our 当前的 计划.
- Increase number of 绿色的影响 teams to 18 in 2021-22 across all sites
- Increase the student awareness of the University’s sustainability activities from (baseline year 2016-17 47%) to 68% by 2022
- Work closely with 和 support student societies 和 the SU sustainability network to raise awareness on sustainability 和 social justice issues
- Recruit 2 student Digital Creative part-time posts to help publish 和 promote www.susthingsout.com 到2022年7月，读者数量将增加5%
- Report on sustainability issues regularly to the 大学社区论坛
- Promote collaborative working within UW 和 with Worcestershire 和 Worcester City Council 和 other 3rd 部门组织. Coordinate regular meetings 和 actively seek out initiatives where resources can be shared
- Extend EcoHousing pilot for a further 12 months with 2 national Housing Associations 和 Loreus to assist them to embed ISO 14001:2015 in their organisations
Download our full 当前的 qualitative 和 quantitative targets 和 progress against targets from our 碳管理 & 目标页面.
一个网站 www.susthingsout.com, 他的口号是"改变今天，保护明天", provides a magazine format 和 commentary space for all University stakeholders. 它链接的课程, 校园和社区, 学生们帮助共同创造内容，作为他们学习的一部分. It is used in teaching sustainability 和 has a virtual learning environment for sustainability students 和 for teaching the 新兴领袖 计划，并晋升给所有新雇员.
Some examples of a whole institution (university 和 students' union) 和 the community projects are 回收联盟 和 可持续的年轻人.
激励伍斯特 伍斯特博世集团的合作, Worcester City Council 和 the 太阳2注册登录中心 和 学生’ Union involves working with l和lords 和 students with the combined aims of; improving energy efficiency in student homes, increasing underst和ing of student attitude 和 behaviour with regards to energy management. Bosch installed free Smart Boilers 和 data loggers into student houses, these are being monitored 和 the data combined with the findings of survey research.
学生 have been instrumental in the data collection 和 processing aspects of this project, using their computing skills to write bespoke software code to analyse boiler data (over 3 million data points). UK 和 Worcester Polytechnic Institute USA students completed 和 analysed 180 in-depth interviews with students 和 l和lords. 的se have aided; a better underst和ing of conflicts between students’ real 和 perceived behaviour, which can be used to focus more effective information campaigns 和 new insights for global manufacturer Bosch. This has led them to rethink some aspects of design relating to boiler controls 和 testing.
另一个合作项目是 伍斯特的绿色周 城市. 学生 led a week of awareness-raising activities linking local sustainable businesses. 由于新冠肺炎，这些项目在2020年没有实现 银青苹果奖 2018年11月
的 University takes its role within the wider community seriously 和 is committed to establishing 和 strengthening partnerships with local business, 慈善机构及其他机构.
的 大学社区论坛 tackles issues of mutual concern to local residents, students 和 the University. 论坛每年举行三次. 其成员包括 副校长兼校长 以及大学其他高级职员, 以及学生会的代表, Worcestershire County Council 和 Worcester City Council Councillors, 当地校长和居民. 的 West Mercia Police are also regularly represented at meetings. 定期向委员会提交可持续发展报告, including a review of community issues raised 和 dealt with throughout the year.